Friday 10 February 2012

fresh start on blogger.

<b:if cond='data:blog.homepageUrl == data:blog.url'> <data:blog.title/> <b:else/> <data:blog.pageName/> | <data:blog.title/> </b:if>
I've been trying to work out how to use this website for a fair few hours now and I think I'm getting the hang of it, I'm new to all this so bare with me...

The reason I want to start this blog is so I have somewhere to document my personal photography and film work. Previous to this, I used tumblr because a friend of mine recommended it to me, but I quickly noticed that everyone who uses it is either depressed, or wanting to kill themselves. Each blog I visited was exactly the same, everyone reblogs the same photos, there was no originality to any ones page, just the same old photos of the following...

  • tattooed blokes.
  • half naked women.
  • fully naked women.
  • people slitting their wrists.
  • pieced noses and stretched ear lobes.
  • people smoking weed. 

Which is basically why I stopped using tumblr, since then it's took me a while to realize that I wanted to start blogging again, but this time, I want to blog my own work, my own opinions and thoughts, my own life. I want to really try and make it into the 'photography world' so-to-speak, but at the moment I'm unsure as to what area of photography I want to work in, even film, I'm really interested in film and currently have a few projects in which I would like to complete once I've finished my college course. 



No comments:

Post a Comment